Apples to Applesauce!
You may THINK you’re busy, but there is busy, then there is really busy! This week, Debi Hertert of HostingYourHome.com talks with Katrina Eastberg about her rental in southeast Portland and her nonprofit “Apples to Applesauce”. Katrina is not only an Airbnb Superhost, but also:
- founded and runs a nonprofit “Apples to Applesauce” to reduce hunger in Oregon
- plans to start a company “Universal Green Design” which will help people with attractive, non-clinical architectural accommodation designs for disabled owners and guests
- knits and sells the knitting products on the web
- operates an event planning business with her husband, Tom
- creates and sells flower arrangements for weddings
- remodeled her home, with Tom
- and – we lost track of at least one more job!
Listen as Katrina tells Debi what it’s like to live in a perpetually-being-remodeled home while renting a space on Airbnb. A very rewarding part of this episode is learning about Katrina’s non-profit that is doing a lot for kids in need in Portland.
Check out Katrina’s Airbnb close to Ladd’s Addition neighborhood: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2020429
If you want to register a fruit tree or farm, volunteer or donate, please go to http://www.applestoapplesauce.org
And, if you are interested in the phone app for house cleaning details, go to http://www.getproperly.com